Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Book Ten: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

by Mark Haddon


I gave up on Sylvia Plath.  It was a very difficult read and I can't be spending all my time on one book if I'm going to finish fifty books in a year!  Paul bought me this book the other day and it was excellent. 

Review: 
The writing style of this book is interesting.  It's written from the perspective of fifteen year old boy with autism named Christopher Boone.  The perspective is fascinating on it's own but the intricate plot of the story is enthralling.  Mark Haddon does an amazing job of drawing all the seemingly unrelated threads together while allowing the reader to see the world through Christopher's eyes.  Reading how Christopher pieces together the mysteries that present themselves in his life and understands the people around him is enlightening.  The book is worded in such away that it is perfect for small breaks.  The simple language makes it easy to pick up where you left off and be immediately reimmersed in the story.

Recommendations:
I am not sure if this book is classified as young adult or adult fiction, but I would classify it as mature young adult.  The writing is easy to read, however the content could be difficult to comprehend.  

Stars:
9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment