Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Eight: Insurgent

By: Veronica Roth

I finally got my hands on a copy of Insurgent and time to read it!  This weekend was a wonderful combination of no homework and no grading.  I loved Divergent and was looking forward to this book and it did not disappoint!  

The characters in this series are well written and unique.  I found each of them relational in their own way.  Beatrice's internal struggle is engrossing.  The reader is pulling for her to overcome her trauma induced failings, while at the same time relived that the trauma was enough to induce such a phobia.  There are massive amounts of character growth in both Tris and Four, but I found the development in both Christina and Peter most interesting.  There is nothing better than a series where even the secondary and minor characters grow.

Recommendations:
Like Divergent I recommend this book to any young adult readers who enjoy sci fi.  The writing is smooth and easy to read.  I would expect readers of all ability within the genre to enjoy with novel.  This book is similar to Hunger games with teens fighting for what the believe in crossed with Uglies sterile world set in black and white.

Stars:
9 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment